Next steps in reading might be:
- Point to every word.
- Get ready with first sounds of words.
- Read to the full stop.
- Go fast around the corner when there is no full stop.
Children will get one step at a time and when almost consistently attained go on to the next step.
Next steps in writing might be:
- Know all letter sounds.
- Write down sounds, to start with beginning sounds in words.
- Leave finger spaces.
- Find words on your Butterfly chart.
Next steps in maths might be
- Learn to count to 10 then 20 and recognise these numbers
- Know what makes 5.
- Know what makes 10.
- Combine two sets to add.
- Take away from a set to subtract.